WHAT IS DAMA?
- A Global Data Management Community established to support an empowered global community of Information professionals.
- It is an International organization, but there are also Local Chapters in various cities
- It is an all-volunteer organization governed by an elected Executive Board of Directors.
WHAT DOES DAMA INTERNATIONAL DO?
- Provides a vendor independent forum where data professionals can go for help and assistance.
- Makes available “Best Practice” resources
- Creates a trusted environment for DM professionals to collaborate and communicate
- Enables local chapters to leverage off DAMA Intl. and to interact to the benefit of all DM Professionals
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DAMA INTERNATIONAL AND KC DAMA
- The local KC Chapter of DAMA operates and supports Data Management Professionals in the greater Kansas City Area.
- Offerings (for members) include:
- 3 Educational Meetings – half day – usually featuring international or nationally known speakers
- DAMA DAY Educational Event – full day with meal ( extra cost ) – always features a well-known speaker and includes vendor presentations.
- Socials – one winter and one summer each year – after normal working hours – A time to eat and network with peers, and often enjoy a fun event. For example, a tour of the Boulevard Brewery with tastings…
- The KC DAMA Chapter wants to help improve the awareness in our community of the value of data as a fundamental asset to any organization.
- We are an open community that promotes sharing and networking among our local professionals.
WHAT EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES ARE AVAILABLE FROM DAMA INTERNATIONAL?
- DAMA Intl. produces or supports many events around the world each year.
- They have hosted an annual conference since 1989
- Webinars and other online events throughout the year (usually at no cost to attendees)
CAN I JOIN DAMA?
- You can join the International DAMA organization, and/or join the Local KC DAMA Chapter. We encourage you to join and support your Local DAMA Chapter.
- DAMA Intl. membership does NOT provide any benefits at the Local DAMA Chapter level. However, Local Chapter membership DOES qualify you for most International benefits.
WHAT DOES IT COST TO JOIN DAMA?
- Local KC DAMA membership is $75 per year. This covers all quarterly meetings and socials. It also affords you a discount for certain DAMA Intl. sponsored events.
- Roles that may benefit: Data Analysts, Database Architects, Business Intelligence, etc.
- Most employers are very happy to purchase individual memberships. Many buy the Transfer Option (extra cost) so that different associates can attend if desired.
- The Local KC DAMA DAY event is an extra cost offering. Breakfast & Lunch provided.
WHAT NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES ARE AVAILABLE?
- Conferences and other educational events
- KC DAMA always provides opportunities for and encourages networking at all events.
WHERE ARE THE KC DAMA MEETINGS HELD? AND WHEN?
- KC DAMA meetings are currently held at the University of Kansas Edwards Campus in Overland Park, Kansas
- See our web site using link below for more details about meetings and socials.
HOW DO I GET ON A MAILING LIST?
- Please email Donna Ackley ( VP Membership ) at email@example.com
- See the KC-DAMA link below for more information
WHERE CAN I FIND MORE INFORMATION?